Pool replastering in Cathedral city
Pool Plastering & Pool Replastering Cathedral City
Building a pool deck is often considered the crowning jewel on a comfortable, well-to-do home, but the task of home repair rarely finishes when the last of your kids finally takes their first dip. Pool maintenance is notoriously delicate. Out of all parts of your home, this is the one that is permanently exposed to the elements by design. Permanent moisture, direct sun radiation, and progressive wear-and-tear can slowly damage the pool’s finish and structural integrity.
Remodeling or rebuilding a pool is an expensive task that most of us would like to delay as much as possible. Therefore, a proper maintenance schedule is key when it comes to extending your investment’s lifespan.
Out of all the different parts of a pool, the plastering is likely the one that will require the most frequent attention. Plaster can slowly grow cracks due to changes in temperature, and even the fanciest water-resistant coating has an expected lifespan. Although it is a very visible part of your pool as well, it’s important to avoid mistaking it for a purely aesthetic question. It is the main barrier protecting the underneath concrete from water damage and the structural damage it would entail.
Signs and Symptoms for Pool Replastering
Either because it’s covered by water, or because it can be hard to tell what is normal from what’s not, you may be wondering if it’s time to call for a Cathedral City pool surface inspection. Cathedral City Pool Resurfacing Pros recommends an inspection for any of the following cases:
- Time – The plaster finish covering your pool has an expected lifespan of 7 to 10 years by design. If your pool is a decade old and you have never dealt with plaster maintenance, then now is the time for Cathedral City pool replastering.
- Stains on the pool surface are often left alone, thinking it’s something that the pool cleaner will deal with. However, if these stains are caused by mineral deposits, chances are that not even a high-pressure wash will get rid of them. Mineral stains are caused by the hard California water. They are very resilient deposits of iron, copper, and manganese. They are very resistant to simple cleaning, and trying to use acids or chemical stain removers to fix them could damage the plaster further.
- Bear patches – Easier to recognize than stains, bare patches are a sure sign that it’s time to at least call for an inspection and probably do some pool replastering. Rebar, shotcrete, and gunite may be a normal component of your pool’s structure, but they should never become visible. These materials are very sensitive to oxidation and water damage, so if the plaster covering has them worn down, then it needs to be redone.
- Rough patches – Hidden areas, especially around corners, where the surface has turned rough or gritty need to be replastered. These are not only a danger to your safety – falling on them can be very painful – but they also foster the growth of algae and even harmful bacteria. Not even the most thorough water cleaning job will last if you have algae growing in your pool.
- Decayed appearance – Old and worn plaster tends to look dull. It also grows cracks and pervasive stains that don’t project a very polished look. Even if the pool structural integrity is not compromised yet, it may simply be time to show it some love with pool replastering – especially if you are thinking of selling or renting.
These are just some of the most common problems of pool plaster problems. In addition, many issues that appear minor could be hiding deeper cracks in your water system. Each pool is its own ecosystem and has a history attached to it, and we are very proud of always being able to offer customized solutions.
Just give us a call and we will schedule an inspection and work on a quote for you. We will send an experienced pool expert at your convenience and help you find a reasonable solution that fits your budget and your aesthetic standards. We serve all of Cathedral City and the adjacent areas of Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage.
Is It Just Plaster You Offer? Learn What We Can Do For Your Pool!
The purpose of the plaster finish coating your pool is to protect the underlying concrete from water damage and direct UV radiation. However, plaster is not the only option available: there are many materials that can offer the same amount of protection but provide a different look.
This is your pool and your home, and we want it to look just right. Some of the most common requests for pool resurfacing we receive in Cathedral City involve:
- Conventional Plaster – With all the options available nowadays, conventional plaster remains the most common one, especially for older pools. There is something very durable and cost effective about the right mix of cement and sand. When skillfully blended and applied, it will last for up to 10 years, but it remains sensitive to discoloring and staining.
- Pebble Finishes – Brands like Pebble Sheen® now offer proprietary blended materials that are designed to last longer and camouflage imperfections. Often referred to as the “marble of pool finishes,” they can last up to 20 years and make the entire surface look vibrant and luxurious.
- Pebble Fina – This silica stone and cement blend is an excellent way to hit the midway point between Pebble Sheen and conventional plaster. Resilient and durable, the silica adds an extra shimmer that is particularly beautiful in its Shimmering Sea color.
- For those who like smooth, shiny surfaces, Hydrazzo tends to be the top choice. This provides an upscale and highly durable finish, and comes in a variety of shades.
- Quartz-and-Plaster Finishes – Often known as plaster-based quartz finishes, they improve on standard plaster by adding a glimmer of calcium carbonate.
- Custom Designs and Colors – Pool surfaces are highly customizable and can be easily integrated with the surrounding landscaping and décor choices. From combining different finishes to custom-mixed colors, you can go for anything ranging to a night-sky seemingly bottomless pool to a tropical oasis on your own backyard.
Working with the Pool Resurfacing Pros provides a tangible difference to both your pool and your experience as a homeowner. Our crew is superbly-trained and fully insured, ensuring your peace of mind when we work for. We use superior materials bought directly from the manufacturer in order to provide you with longest-lasting results and competitive prices. Just call for an inspection and Cathedral City pool resurfacing quote today!
Messages Go Direct To The Owner!
Love Your Pool Again
Give Us A Call Today
Messages Go Direct To The Owner!